Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Week 2 #3 - Logging into Blogger

Well I've had a few enquiries from people that have had trouble logging into Blogger. So I'll try to go through the login procedure here so it may assist some of you eager to login in and get blogging.

There are 4 main bits of information you will have set up with your Blogger blog/Google Account.

  1. Username - this is the email address you provided when you signed up for a Google Account. It may be a Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo or library email address. Once you signed up you will have received a verification email at this address. You need to open the verification email from Google and follow the instructions (they will tell you to click on a link inside the email).


  2. Password - this is the secret password you set up for your Google account.


  3. Blog Title - this is what your blog is called. An example would be this blog, it's called 23squared. The main Eastern Regional Libraries blog is called What's New @ Eastern Regional Libraries. A bit of a mouthful I know.


  4. Blogspot address - this is the website address of your blog. It could be similar to your title. The Blogspot address of 23squared is http://23squared.blogspot.com/.

So now let's look at the login procedure.

  1. Go to http://www.blogger.com and enter your email address in username and your password in password and click on the sign-in button.




  2. This will take you to the dashboard. Not sure why it's called that, anyhoo....the dashboard is the space where you can move from one blog to another. As you can see below I have more than one blog. I click one the New Post link attached to 23squared for example to add a post to this blog. I can also click on the links to manage posts (e.g. edit a post), settings (change the time etc) and layout (change the colours etc). I can also edit my profile at the right. I might want to include a little information about myself. If you click on the View my complete profile link on this blog you'll see my favourite books and movies



Cheers from webgurl

3 comments:

Christian West said...

Very impressive, I like that a lot. And here I was thinking of creating a word document to send to staff...I need to think 2.0ish!

Webgurl said...

Thanks Christian. If you want you can "borrow" stuff from this post to blog your own set of instructions to the gang at Brimbank.

Cheers, webgurl
btw...lovin' the Buffy reference

Yesterday, my life's like, uh-oh, pop quiz. Today it's rain of toads.

Christian West said...

Really? That would be ace, thanks. Am going to do some linking in a tick.

'I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away.'