Tuesday, December 4, 2007

#32 - Omnidrive

Omnidrive is an online storage site. I could sign up for a free account with 1GB of storage. If I pay for a Pro account I can get up to a Terabyte of storage. The pro accounts also have encryption for extra security.

You tell Omnidrive who you want to share a file with and the file can only be read or edited by those people you share it with.

It's great if you want to do some work at home. You can upload the required files to Omnidrive and work on your home computer. It goes hand in hand with Zoho.

Curious though that I've used up 2.7MB and I haven't uploaded anything yet.

I uploaded a phone manual for work that I had been working on at home. Once uploaded I double-clicked on the file and it opened up in Zoho. I could then edit the document.

This is pretty good. I would probably only use it as temporary storage but it works for me. Of course I would need to use it regularly because if I don't log in for 60 days the account is removed.

I uploaded an image and the procedure for editing wasn't very obvious. You had to right-click on the file and select edit from actions. Could use some icons in a toolbar to make it more obvious. I could resize, rotate, make it greyscale and crop. I might suggest using omnidrive/snipshot for those people needing access to an image editor. Cool!

Cheers, webgurl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we hear you, we are adding pretty icons for all the actions in the next release

thanks for signing up

nik

Webgurl said...

Wow, the people at Omnidrive are quick. I only blogged about my experience last night. The icons will be great.

Nik I love the integration with zoho and snipshot. It really increases the value of omnidrive as a storage site.

Cheers, webgurl

Sassy said...

pretty cool :-)