Saturday, November 24, 2007

#26 - Little bits of the Internet or widgets

I love widgets. I use them everyday on my Mac. I can click on the dashboard and bring up a clock, calendar, calculator, weather, to do list and a tile game. There are heaps more I can download.



Yourminis has widgets for your desktop, blog or website. Some of the widgets include Moviefone with reviews and trailers for upcoming movies, The Weather Channel and Amazon.

It would be nice to create a desktop widget for the library. With a catalogue login and search box. Hmmm........food for thought. I'll let you know if I come up with anything. I've already been checking out library toolbars to download for your browser.

I created a start page and added some widgets. If I signed up I could publish the page. Below is the page I created.



I'm not sure if I'll revisit yourminis. I'll probably keep downloading widgets from Apple, but this is quite cool.

Cheers, webgurl

No comments: