Sunday, November 25, 2007

#31 - Plaxo - Just like Facebook but no sheep throwing

I joined up with Plaxo looking for some organisational tools as I'm not the most organised person.

What I found looked suspiciously like Facebook. Plaxo wanted me to list where I worked and where I went to school and wanted me to search for friends in my network.

It does have a calendar and task listing but I don't really want to share that with anyone. I'd keep that private. I share my work calendar with my colleagues using our email program. That's enough for me.

I had a look around to see if there was anything useful on this site but there really wasn't.

Cheers, webgurl

4 comments:

Zoya said...

Thanks for the learning 2.1 idea, I'll be doing it too. And thanks for the interesting stuff youre doing, it is showing us all the many things you can do. One question. How are you finding this stuff?

Webgurl said...

Thanks Zoya. That's fantastic. I learnt about Learning 2.1 from Paul, who's in charge of ERL's Learning 2.0. All of the sites I've been looking at from #24 onwards are from the Learning 2.1 exercises.

Some other sites I might mention along the way I find out about while I'm surfing. I do an awful lot of that. I might read an interesting article about a site so I go check it out or I see it on someone's blogroll.

Cheers, webgurl

Anonymous said...

only 2 picsa and u stole um off google

Webgurl said...

Anonymous, you might like to do your research first. The image are either from the Stock photo site StockXchng, LibraryThing, Flickr or I have created myself.

You have a good day.

Cheers, webgurl