Sunday, November 4, 2007

Week 8 #19 - Web 2.0 Awards

I was browsing the list of winners and found one of my absolute fave sites - Threadless. Now I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl and I love witty t-shirts and Threadless has them in spades.

OK, to explain the concept to the uninitiated...... Basically creative people around the world come up with cool designs for t-shirts and submit them to Threadless. The Threadless community scores and comments on the submission. You can get paid UP TO $12,500 if your design is selected for printing and sale on the site.

You also don't have to be a graphic designer. You just need a cool concept. I'm still thinking.....

Here are some of my faves:



What would MacGyver do?




Safety in numbers




Loch Ness Imposter




Haikus are easy




Break Dance!

Happy to share the site with you. I'll keep on brainstorming for an idea for a submission. It's use in a library setting? Well there is none but I guess you could use the money you earned to fund some projects for the library.....who am I kidding, it would probably pay for a holiday or a new Plasma :-)

Cheers, webgurl

No comments: