Monday, November 5, 2007

Week 9 - #23 Thats All Folks

A lot of people have asked me through this program,

"Why are you doing this, you do this every day?"

I believe that you never stop learning and it's been fun sharing with others all of the things I've learned over the years. I think it may give people a bit of understanding and appreciation of what I do in this organisation.

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

I set myself a goal at the start to create a podcast for the library's radio show so this has been my favourite exercise. I also had a blast evaluating wikis.

My fave discovery was Zoho. I'm sure i'll use this in the future.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

I think this program has confirmed that I'm on the right track. I'm happy doing my own thing and learning at my own pace and this program has been great for that. I'm also accustomed to training so helping others out has
also worked out well.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I don't think there were any unexpected outcomes. I did everything I set out to do.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?


All I could suggest is that there is more support at the libraries. I see some people who are struggling and are stuck on the first few weeks. Perhaps they need some help.

Also, I think there is sometimes a problem with some staff taking up too much time when they should be on desk or shelving. There needs to be a balance. The organisation can't afford to have everyone drop everything to blog. We still need to offer a service to our library members.

While this might be the final post for the program I'll still keep blogging about Web 2.0 and library 2.0 and helping people out with the program. Thanks to everyone reading. Keep checking back.

Cheers, webgurl

3 comments:

Paul said...

Congratulations Webgurl,

thanks for the helpful pointers along the way,

Cheers, Paul.

Webgurl said...

Thanks Paul. I've had a great time.

Cheers, webgurl

Webgurl said...

I've had a look at the tracking log and noticed quite a few people are skipping the Flickr fun/3rd party mashups exercise. I'm wondering if it's scaring people off or it looks like too much work. I'm not sure.

Perhaps I'll do some posts helping people out with those exercises.

Cheers, webgurl